Jet Engine Cutaway Model
Light enough to carry- strong enough to travel!
The model SR-30 engine is now available in cut-away form. Your students will be able to follow a detailed flow path- from compressor inlet to thrust nozzle exit! The rotating assembly is mounted on ball bearings, which allows for clear and tactile demonstration of rotating and stationary component interaction.
The SR-30 is comprised of an axial flow turbine stage consisting of a super alloy cast nozzle vane guide ring and a high nickel content bladed disk (blisk) turbine wheel. It features a reverse flow annular combusion chamber and 6 high-pressure, return flow fuel atomizer nozzles. Detailed views of bearing components (including oil galleyways), rotating and stationary parts and combustion chamber geometry are also made clearly visible.
The ATA approved flight case is lightweight yet extremely durable. This cut-away engine is designed to carry from classroom to classroom for years to come.
Jet Engine Cutaway Specifications
The ATA approved flight case is lightweight yet extremely durable
SR-30TM Cutaway: 14.5 x 11.0 x 8.0 inches (37 x 28 x 20 cm)
Storage Case: 18.0 x 14.0 x 12.0 inches (46 x 36 x 31 cm)
SR-30TM Cutaway: 10 lbs (5 kg)
Storage Case: 23 lbs (10 kg)
Combined: 33 lbs (15 kg)
All Actual and Representative Components
- Inlet Bell and Compressor Casing
- Compressor Spinner / 2 Pole Generator for Engine RPM Sensing
- Centrifugal Flow Compressor and Diffuser
- Reverse Flow Annular Combustor with Laser Cut Air Flow Holes
- Outer Combustor Mantle
- Metal Spun Combustor Transition Liner
- Nozzle / Vane Guide Ring
- Bladed Axial Flow Turbine Disk with Main Engine Shaft
- Containment Ring
- Thrust Cone and Thrust Nozzle
- Fuel Manifold, Fuel Nozzles, Fuel Control Unit and Engine Backplate
- Compressor and Oil Seals and Main Bearings
- Typical Air, Fuel and Oil Fittings with Internal Engine Fluid Galleyways
- Air Transport Association Approved Delicate Equipment Case
- Fully Lined and Latchable for Safe, Secure Transportation
Turbojet Engine Cut-Away Specifications